Villa Retreat in Paros Island
The project concerns a two-story country house in the countryside of the island of Paros. We mainly dealt with the design of the surrounding area as well as the interior decoration of the residence. For the surrounding area, the dominant element is the water element in the form of a long and narrow infinity pool that runs the entire length of the residence, creating at the same time a movement path and a boundary with the surrounding area. Open-air living areas and daycare facilities are developed in direct relation to the water’s axis of movement. Small internal courtyards and access to the roof of the residence create daily spaces with stunning sea views. Rough materials and natural materials were chosen to keep the interior design palette close to the Aegean aesthetics. A minimal and close-to-nature lifestyle is encouraged through the project’s materiality.
- Location: Golden Beach, Paros Island
- Client: Private
- Year: 2022
- Size: 220 sq.m.
- Status: Complete
- Architectural Design: Michail Fifas, lowfat architecture + interiors
- Partner: Alexandros Patsis
- Team: Evi Sougkara, Alexandros Martigopoulos
- Construction Manager: Michail Fifas
- Photography: Stelios Kyriakis